As we heading into another few days of extreme heat here in Canberra, please take care of yourself and those who are more vulnerable to heat stress in our community, the young, the elderly, and those with chronic illness.
The ACT Ambulance Service encourages all Canberrans and visitors to the national capital to take note of the following tips to avoid HEAT STRESS:
- Avoid dehydration. Drink plenty of cool fluids, preferably water. Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink;
- Avoid drinking alcohol, tea and coffee because these will cause dehydratio
- Avoid drinking alcohol, tea and coffee because these will cause dehydration;
- Wear light-coloured, loose fitting clothing where possible. Don’t overdress;
- NEVER leave children alone in a car, even for a very short time. The inside temperature can become life-threatening within MINUTES;
- Avoid any strenuous outdoor activities, especially when the sun is strongest between the hours of 11.00am and 3.00pm;
- If outside, make sure you always wear a shirt and hat – even if you are swimming; and
- Use plenty of sun screen when outside and reapply regularly.
For more information, including the signs and treatment for heat stress go to: http://esa.act.gov.au/community-information/calling-an-ambulance/extreme-heat/
Christmas Day is a time of joy, and this year Kippax Uniting Church celebrated with 170 members of the community. Continue reading
… for everything! The three of us, Executive Officer Meg Richens, Finance Officer Julia Huang and NewPIN Coordinator Jo Nery have all finished our service with UnitingCare Kippax this December. We’ve been working with UCK for between four and seven years and have really enjoyed the opportunities, the challenges, the welcome, the support and the fun. For each of us UnitingCare Kippax has been home and family and safety and the place where we have been able to share our skills and expertise as well as grow and learn. Thank you all so very much and our combined very best wishes for the future and all the wonderful things that happen here at Kippax.
UnitingCare Kippax is pleased to announce that Steve Coster has been appointed as our new Chief Executive Officer. Steve brings a long standing commitment to community development and engagement and a raft of useful skills to the position. See the media release about his appointment here CEO Media Release Dec18
From Sunday 16 December Kippax will have a single combined service beginning at 9.30am. Normal service times will recommence on Sunday 3 February 2019.
Other services during Advent & Christmas:
5 Dec 8pm Blue Christmas
16 Dec 9.30am A Very Kippax Christmas
24 Dec 7pm Family Service
25 Dec 9.30am Christmas Day