For many of us, ageing presents lots of new opportunities: travel; time with friends and family (especially grandchildren); new hobbies or interests. It’s also the time when we should be making preparations to make the years less stressful. Over 5 weeks in d October and November 2018, a series of presentations were held at Kippax to help people develop an end of life plan.
- an overview of what COTA ACT (Council on the Aging) gave an overview of what services they provide;
- ACT Health ran a session on Advance Health Care Planning with the aim of helping us to plan for our future health care, and for a time we may no longer be able to communicate those decisions themselves;
- Funerals – what happens leading up to the funeral, and how you can personalize a funeral to remember the life of your loved one;
- Judy Morris, from Judy Morris & Associates, talked about the importance of effective Estate Planning and Wills;
- Andrew Mead, coordinating Chaplain at The Canberra Hospital, will talk with us about the inevitable grief and loss associated with aging.