Thank you for thinking of supporting our next garage sale on 5 May 2018 by making a donation. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to accept further donations of furniture due to a lack of storage capacity.
There are a couple of ways to get donations to us:
- Drop your items off to Kippax Uniting Community Centre in the days immediately before the sale (Thursday or Friday). We will have volunteers available to accept donations on Thursday 3 May from 10.00am to 7pm and Friday 4 May from 9:00am to 6pm. Please note that we are not able to accept donations outside of these times.
- Drop off items to Storage King Belconnen. We can accept items at Storage King Belconnen in the weeks before a sale. Call the office on (02) 6254 1733 to organise a drop-off time.
- Arrange for your large items to be collected by our volunteers. We can collect some large items on Thursday or Friday immediately prior to the sale day. Call the office if you have something you’d like us to pick up. We have a limited number of volunteers and so, while we try our best, cannot guarantee we will be able to meet every request. Please note that we cannot collect items that are in poor condition or are unable to be sold.
The types of items we accept include:
- books and magazines
- toys and games
- clothing (baby’s, children’s, men’s and women’s)
- plants and gardening equipment
- electrical goods
There are some things we can’t accept:
- anything that is broken or unusable
- encyclopedias, Readers Digest books
- cassette or video tapes
- small or medium size plant pots
- very old computer equipment
- electrical items that require professional installation
- electric blankets
- chemicals or dangerous goods
- Christmas trees
- children’s car restraints
- bicycle helmets
- items in unusable condition