The SPARK Training and Employment Initiative proudly supports training and employment initiatives for local people.
SPARK in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology and Belconnen Community Service are delivering a new and innovative accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and potential employment within the Early Childhood Education & Care sector.
An enrolment session will be held on Tuesday 6th March at 10:00am at Belconnen Community Service, 26 Chandler Street, Belconnen. It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend the 10:00am session.
To book a place or find out more information, please contact Ashleigh at SPARK on 6255 1173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s a flyer you can look at here: SPARK Childcare Commencing 19th March
Targeting people living within the Belconnen and the wider regions, this program will provide participants with:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care (CHC30113) upon completion
- First Aid Certificate in Early Childhood Settings
- Industry specific training designed in partnership with the Early Childhood Education & Care sector
- Industry work placements for those participants that meet the selection criteria
- Potential employment pathway opportunities
This program will commence Monday 19th March 2018 and run four days a week (Mon – Thurs 30 hours per week) for 6 months. The program will be a combination of theory, practical hands on learning and industry work placement. Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for Profile funding, you must at the time of enrolment be:
· 17 years old or over (this age eligibility is set specific for this program)
· no longer at school
· living or working in ACT
· an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
· Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college
*Please note – a small fee will apply for each successful participant depending on their eligibly.