Rob de Castella MBE
Patron: Let’s Give Everyone a Christmas 2013
Christmas is a time of celebration. Many of us spend it with family or friends, enjoying a bit of an ‘end of year’ break of some sort or another. Some of us do not. Each year, UnitingCare Kippax provides some additional assistance to those who would otherwise miss out on Christmas, to make it easier for them to celebrate as well.
Our appeal “Let’s Give everyone a Christmas” is on the way again. We expect to be supporting more than 2000 people this Christmas. We provide food, toys for young children, movie ticket packs for teenagers, gifts for adults and other forms of support. Our target is to collect $40,000 worth of contributions in time for Christmas this year. That is an enormous task, and one which we can only achieve working together with the generosity of the Canberra community. Thank you.
I’m proud to be patron of this appeal because it’s part of giving everyone a fair go – sharing what we have so that we can all celebrate the good things in life. There are many ways you can contribute. Every donation – every bit of support – makes a difference for a person whose life is difficult at the moment.
- Financial donations can be made directly to the bank account or at the Kippax Uniting Community Centre in Holt. Gifts of $2 and over are tax deductible. Please use the bank details below to donate and if you want a tax deductible receipt, please email your name, post address and donation amount to email@example.com.
|Account Name||BSB||Account No.|
|Teen Gift Drive||313-140||12016295|
- New gifts for people of any age can be left at our building, or under the Giving Trees at the Target Stores in Civic or Belconnen. We always receive generous donations of small gifts and soft toys and would love to add more brightly coloured and educational toys for small children to the options.
- Donations of non-perishable food can be brought to the Kippax Uniting Community Centre in Holt. A suggested shopping list for the Christmas hampers can be found here Kippax 2013 Christmas Shopping list
- Volunteering your time – especially helping at the time we are distributing the Christmas assistance, from 11-20 December – is not only helpful, but can be very rewarding. Email Stuart Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this.
Thank you again for supporting this appeal.
If you have any questions please call 6254 1733.
Hamper bookings open on Monday 2nd December at 9.00am. Call 6254 1733
It is important that people book into and attend appointments so that we are able to provide them with the best possible service this Christmas, and so that others do not miss out.
Hampers and toys will be distributed between 11 and 20 December.
Ways you can help. Looking for a way to help this Christmas? Through its “Let’s Give” appeal UnitingCare Kippax distributes food hampers and new toys to around 600 families in need each Christmas. Here are few ways you as an individual or a team from your organisation can help.
- Putting a giving tree in your workplace or making direct donations of new toys to us. We are anticipating a growth in need on previous years, so this is a practical and very direct way of helping. Any gift, no matter how small can and really does help, and is a key priority this year.
- Volunteering a couple of hours of your time between the 11th and 20th December to come in and be a “Volunteer Elf” giving out Christmas Hampers and Toys. This is an ideal opportunity for organisations that may want to send a small team for a fun half day.
- Being able to provide gifts for teenagers can be a real gap and we are happy to say that through the generosity of our community the Teenage Gift Drive has been able to provide movie gift packs to teenagers that allow them to share their gift with someone else (2 tickets and a popcorn voucher for just $35). We’re really looking forward to continuing community support. Contact email@example.com for more information.